Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Random Notes from a Crank

I recently unfollowed a so-called friend on Facebook after I read a dumb-ass post of hers about a chem trails conspiracy theory

I need fewer nutjobs on my social media. 

The crazy thing is that I casually knew this woman in college and became FB friends a few years ago. She had some silly post about chemtrails, which correlates with the things I heard about how she and her husband believe that Covid is a US government conspiracy. 

You can't reason with stupid. 

I've been thinking of reading some classic pieces of literature that I never got around to reading during my lifetime. 

My first choice is For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway. I've read almost everything written by Hemingway, but I just never got around to reading that novel.

I also never got around to reading Catch-22 by Heller.  

I have a copy of Stand on Zanzibar by John Brunner that a colleague gave to me. That's a possibility. I tried starting it once but wasn't in the mood for it for whatever reason. 

I've also been thinking of classics from Russian literature. Way back when I took a World Lit II course, we read part of A Hero of Our Time by Lermontov, which I liked at the time. 

Then other options are The Brothers Karamazov and Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky, War and Peace by Tolstoy, and Doctor Zhivago by Pasternak. 

Then I've thought about Don Quixote by Cervantes. 

Some of these could be very long reads. 

No comments: