Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Random Notes from a Crank

I'm such a heathen that on Sunday I had planned to clean out the front flower beds and went to Rural King to get some lawn and leaf bags but had to come back home empty handed since it was Easter. 

So I did all that on Monday. 

And on Easter Sunday I cleaned out both of our vehicles. 

There's a saying that I find pernicious. It's "Happy wife, happy life." I think this saying is a bit problematic since there isn't one for "happy husband." If there were a saying about a happy husband, here is a realistic aphorism: "Happy husband--Wait, why is he happy?" 

You see, the normal heteronormative gaze of American culture doesn't care too much about happy husbands. At least that's the way I feel these days. 

This summer I'm expecting to buy a new vehicle for myself. It'll be the first new vehicle I've ever had because I've either bought used cars and taken over Mrs. Nasty's old car since she got a new one. I'm thinking of something sensible and fuel-efficient. It's not like I need some big SUV or something. Mrs. Nasty already has one of those - a Nissan Pathfinder. 

But I'm intrigued by electric vehicles. A new one is probably out of my price range though. And the Washington Post's article, "Should You Buy an Electric Car? Advice for People on the EV Market," sheds some light on the options. I'm intrigued by the Nisan Ariya, but like I said, it's out of my price range. 

No comments: