Friday, February 25, 2022

Musing of the Moment: Russian Aggression & Memories

When I was a kid, I worried about a lot of things. In particular, I followed politics closely. During high school, for example, I subscribed to The New Republic, and that interest in national and global politics carried on into college and thereafter. 

So as Putin directs Russian troops to take over Ukraine (that's what he's really wanting to do), I'm reminded of the many nights I laid in bed not sleeping because I was worrying about nuclear annihilation because of the Cold War with the US and the U.S.S.R. aiming missiles at each other. 

The difference between then and now is that Republican leaders didn't actively praise Russian autocrats. 

I've called the former president #MoscowDon over the years for a reason. 

No comments: