Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Random Notes from a Crank

A recent column in The Washington Post has an interesting take on why Biden will win the Democratic nomination: he's more likable. The columnist Max Boot applies Occam's razor to Biden's candidacy in "The No. 1 Reason Biden Is Likely to Beat Trump." 

Knock on wood...

I recently got a subscription to The Athletic. I'm enjoying it because they have people doing some strong long-form sports journalism. In fact, the articles about the Premier League teams I like ~ Tottenham Hotspur and the Wolves ~ are excellent. 

I recently reminded myself of Todd Snider's book: I Never Met A Story I Didn't Like. I may have some people read essays from that book this summer. And probably from Amy Schumer's book too. 

With coronavirus now being rightly called a pandemic, The Washington Post also has a good article on how the virus seems to be sparing kids: "Coronavirus Is Mysteriously Sparing Kids and Killing the Elderly. Understanding Why May Help Defeat the Virus." 

No comments: