Thursday, February 28, 2019

Random Notes from a Crank

After reading so many articles in the paper about Moscow Don's associates, I'm getting weary of the word "pleaded." That past tense in the English language doesn't make any sense to me. I would argue it should be "pled." 

If one considers the past tense of "lead," which is "led," it is not logical that the past tense of "plead" is "pleaded." It just sounds funny. 

In a similar vein, I get that the past tense of "cancel" is acceptable as either "canceled" or "cancelled." Cancelled to me just looks better. It's got two Ls. It is not playing around. It's CANCELLED. I like that extra l for emphasis. 

We finally made the switch from Directv to HULU. I am liking the change for monetary reasons, but I miss watching The Daily Show with Trevor Noah and MLB Network on a regular basis. 

I surely won't miss the weather wreaking havoc with Directv's reception though. 

In the wake of yesterday's testimony, this is an opinion piece that, to me, gets it right: "Michael Cohen Testimony on Donald Trump Was a WWE Body Slam Against Trump. Here's Why It's Credible."  I enjoy the concluding sentence: "Prosecutors have a saying: Conspiracies hatched in hell don't have angels as witnesses."

No comments: