Friday, April 15, 2016

Random Notes from a Crank

Here's some positive news about what could be possibly coming: "The Future Will Be Quiet." The author points to five probable changes that will ease noise pollution. I'm especially pleased about number two because I hate gas-powered leaf blowers and weed whackers because those small engines pollute the hell out of the environment. And they're loud. 

Speaking of noise pollution, the family that moved in up the street has a son. I guess he's probably somewhere in his mid-teens and doesn't seem the sharpest. This kid enjoys driving his noisy, rickety lawn tractor up and down the street. He approached me the other day about him possibly mowing my lawn on a regular basis, which is not going to happen since I have lawn mower, and using a lawn tractor in my front and back yards is silly. I don't think riding up and down the street is a sound marketing plan. Instead of wasting gas, he should read a damn book or something. 


I've lived in this area of east central Illinois for years now, but not until recently did I start shopping at Aldi. The grocery store is in the town that is about eight miles away, but I go to that town usually three days a week to drop off or pick up my daughter from dance and tumbling practice. So I'm now finally reveling in how much good stuff I getting for good prices. Just last week it was announced that my town will be getting an Aldi this fall. Huzzah for the frugal shoppers of Coles County. 


Last night I finished the first season of Marco Polo, which is an Netflix series. I really enjoyed it. I don't know much about Marco Polo or Kubla Khan or Chinese history, so I see a book purchase or two about Polo or Khan in my future. 

No comments: