Monday, July 13, 2015

Stay Positive: Bloom County

As related by NPR, the New York Times, the Huffington Post, among other outlets, Bloom County by Berkeley Breathed is back. 

I'm loving this fact because it is one of my favorite comic strips of all time. 

Because the strip ended with Donald Trump buying the strip and replacing the characters, it'll be interesting to see how Breathed plays with Trump now that he's a presidential candidate. I suspect Mr. Breathed is going to have a lot of fun with the upcoming presidential race. 

Regardless of all that, I'm happy to have the strip back because of its mixture of political and social satire and low humor. 

He's going to publish the strip through his Facebook page, so I'm a bit concerned I'll miss some of the installments. I guess I'll just have to be more disciplined with my Facebook activity.

No comments: