Friday, August 23, 2013

Random Notes from a Crank

Recently a couple of my FB friends provided some interesting links that relate to personality types. The first, "What's Your Animal Personality Type," connects Meyers-Briggs categories to animals. 

I'm an octopus. 



The second, "23 Signs You're Secretly An Introvert," has resonance with me because when I take the MBTI test, I'm over 90% introversion. Here are some initial reactions to specific points in the article:

  • 1 - Yes, small talk is usually a waste of time, but don't other people feel that way?
  • 2 - I go to parties to hang out with people I know.
  • 5 - I have, on occasion, been called "too intense." Those people are usually fools.
  • 7 - An afternoon home loafing and reading is pleasure. Solitude is good. 
  • 9 - I hate being in the middle of people, aka surrounded/trapped.
  • 10 - I can only take so much.
  • 13 - I hate audience participation. 
  • 14 - I don't like phones. Never have. 
  • 16 - Yep, internal monologue. You don't know want to know what's rattlin' around in this brain, folks. 
  • 18 - I don't know about the "old soul" stuff, but I've been called Stoic. 
  • 21 - When someone tells me I need to "come out of my shell," my internal monologue starts with "Oh, shut the hell up!" but the outside effect is silence. 

I wish I still had my old Risk board game. I like the old one like below that had game pieces in Roman numerals. 


Every once in a while, I feel like going for world domination. Emperor Nasty is restless...

2 comments:

Babe Runner said...

Me = INFJ = wolf. Odd animal pairing, but I'll take it.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

I like your animal better than mine. In fact, the grey wolf is one of my favorite mammals.