I'm an octopus.
The second, "23 Signs You're Secretly An Introvert," has resonance with me because when I take the MBTI test, I'm over 90% introversion. Here are some initial reactions to specific points in the article:
- 1 - Yes, small talk is usually a waste of time, but don't other people feel that way?
- 2 - I go to parties to hang out with people I know.
- 5 - I have, on occasion, been called "too intense." Those people are usually fools.
- 7 - An afternoon home loafing and reading is pleasure. Solitude is good.
- 9 - I hate being in the middle of people, aka surrounded/trapped.
- 10 - I can only take so much.
- 13 - I hate audience participation.
- 14 - I don't like phones. Never have.
- 16 - Yep, internal monologue. You don't know want to know what's rattlin' around in this brain, folks.
- 18 - I don't know about the "old soul" stuff, but I've been called Stoic.
- 21 - When someone tells me I need to "come out of my shell," my internal monologue starts with "Oh, shut the hell up!" but the outside effect is silence.
I wish I still had my old Risk board game. I like the old one like below that had game pieces in Roman numerals.
Every once in a while, I feel like going for world domination. Emperor Nasty is restless...