Friday, October 1, 2010

Music Friday: "Excuses"

A fellow I was talking to the other day mentioned a band he's been listening to recently called The Morning Benders, so I checked 'em out and downloaded the band's most recent album, Big Echo.

The video provided HERE shows the recording of "Excuses," which involved a whole lot of folks, and as the lead singer talks about in the intro, they were going for a "Wall of Sound" vibe to the recording, which I really enjoy.

I'm not blown away by the album as a whole. It's decent. The band is a little too poppy for my taste, but I thought I'd share the interesting video.

2 comments:

fern said...

I forwarded this one to my daughter, who majored in music and ran a couple of a capella groups at Grinnell. These folks looked like they would have fit seamlessly into her world.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Unfortunately, this song seems to be the only one like that on the band's album.