Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Where You Fit on the Political Map

Click HERE if you're interested in taking a very short quiz about your political leanings. A dedicated reader of the blog passed this along to me, and it's a pretty good little quiz.

As some of you readers might imagine, here is my result: Liberal

My personal issues score was 80%, and my economic issues score was 0%.

This is how the makers of the quiz define liberal: "Liberals usually embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but tend to support significant governmental control of the economy. They generally support a government-funded 'safety net' to help the disadvantaged, [unnecessary comma] and advocate strict regulation of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations, defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles."

One of my favorite online quizzes of all time is the Famous Leader Test. If you take the 45 question test it's supposed to be the most accurate. My result came up as Einstein, but I know folks whose results are Lincoln, Bill Clinton, Gandhi, and Saddam.

Click HERE to take the test. I'd be interested to see what famous leader you're similar to if you're inclined to post your result.

3 comments:

travolta said...

Surprise, surprise, I ended up as "Libertarian".

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%. Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 80%.

"LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties."

That sounds about right. Too bad those views won't be accepted by a majority of the country. Ever.

As far as the leaders personality test goes, apparently I am JFK. "You like power because it increases your sexual options" uh, OK.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

That is an odd description of JFK. I can't recall exactly the description for Clinton, but it sounded more JFK-like from what I remember. So maybe a swap?

I'd be really interested to see who Tower Grove Dem, Wardo, and Kenson compare to.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

And Aaron too.