Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stay Positive Wednesday: Facebook

Okay, I admit this weekly post is hard for me, so I'm going to have to volley a snide observation before I get to the positive: social networking sites are a strange mix of narcissism and voyeurism.

So let's move on.

Yep, I joined Facebook almost a month ago. Initially, I joined to create a FB page for the center that I'm the director of, but I can see some good with social networking sites.

I've connected and "friended" a number of people I haven't seen or heard from in years, so the site does provide ample opportunities to see what's going on in other people's lives. Some of the quizzes can be really interesting. And I'm especially fond of one application called "Pieces of Kirksville" where you can send pictures of the 'ville to people who have experienced the glories of the hub of northwest Missouri.

No comments: