Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: Pimento Cheese

You see pimento cheese quite a bit in the South, and I like it. Spreading it on bread or some crackers is good eats. I've heard it's also good on top of hamburgers. I might have to try that soon.

Regardless, here's a recipe for making it, a recipe I adapted from a magazine.

24 oz. shredded sharp cheddar
2 4 oz. jars of diced pimentos
4 tablespoons of mayo
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
4 green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of dried sage
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning
1 tablespoon of Penzey's Northwoods Seasoning
4 dashes of hot sauce
1 tablespoon of kosher salt
Lots of cracked black pepper

Combine all of the above ingredients (I used a mixer) until mixed thoroughly and enjoy.

No comments: