Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Capes and Fools

As I was walking out of the Student Union's food court today, I saw what is probably a familiar sight to some of us.

I saw a dude wearing a large black cape.

I wonder if every college campus has it requisite "cape guy" on it. What do you think? Have there been any other sightings?

The cape dude also reminded me of something Diana and I saw during the fall semester. We were driving past campus and noticed two fellows dressed up in faux battle gear and battling against one another with fake swords.

Diana asked, "Did you see that?"

My reply, "Probably English majors."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I saw cape guy at the laundromat back in St. Louis shortly after we got our first apartment. I'm guessing he was washing the cape since he was dressed the same as he did in Kirksville except for his signature item.

As far as the SCA guys go, as the resident dork I know I'm supposed to defend them, but I can't. Go in a field so no one can see you shouting "lightning bolt" at each other. You make those of us that play D&D look bad.

Anonymous said...

If memory serves, I believe Foz use to hang out with the cape guy on the 2nd floor of Mo Hall circa 1992.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Uh....I'm unclear what SCA stands for.

Help?

Anonymous said...

Society for Creative Anachronism

Its only the second link returned when you google "SCA". Quintillian, I cordially invite you to join the information age.