Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Break

Well, Eastern's spring break is about to end soon. It's been a quiet week here in Chucktown.

I've always loved breaks in college towns. Whether it was Kirksville, Tuscaloosa, and now Charleston, the places become so sedate, so quiet.

Here in Chucktown, over half of our population left (12K students), and we 10K+ "regulars" stuck around and enjoyed good weather for a change. As I looked northward from my front stoop this evening, the high rise dorms of Lawson and Carman are conspicously dark. I like that.

I remember back in the 'ville when three-day vacations came into effect, and a number of us would hang around to do our usual antics. Just like the parking lot of Hy-Vee during spring break in Kirksville, the parking lot of County Market here had a whopping three cars in it.

I also remember coming back from the spring break one year with the UAV loaded with a number of cases of longneck Schlitz and Schlitz 40s. That party after spring break was fun.

It's gonna be a good summer.

No comments: