Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ah...Spring Training...

and hope springing eternal.

With that hackneyed phrase out of the way, I hereby predict that this will be the year of the Cubs. It's the hundreth anniversary of their last world championsip. It's destined to be. We win the series THIS YEAR.

Every pro sports franchise is entitled to a bad century, right?

Right?

In addition, I will win my fantasy league this year. I came close last year, but ended up in third after my pitching collapsed along with my brain. I'm still repressing that last two months of that season--something a fantasy baseball counselor named Tom Tyler has helped me with.

The Schlitzophrenics will not be denied.

I am the music maker. I am the dreamer of dreams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Cubs have a better chance of winning the World Series than the Schlitzophrenics.

Crap, that isn't the high quality trash-talk it used to be, with the Cubs not being god-awful horrible this year.

ummm, hmmm, let me think on this a bit.....

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with the prognostication regarding the Cubbies. That said, the shitzophrenic's best days are behind them. Stallions are coming to play in 08. Giddy up!