Friday, December 29, 2023

Musing of the Moment: Old Movies

I've been watching some old movies on Turner Classic Movies over break, and I've come to one solid conclusion: Grace Kelly is hotter than the hinges off the gates of Hell. 

I watched Rear Window the other day. 

I put out a query on FB about movies that came out before 1980 that any young person should watch. Here's what the mind hive of friends produced:
  • Rear Window
  • The Maltese Falcon
  • Taxi Driver
  • Blazing Saddles
  • Dog Day Afternoon
  • 12 Angry Men
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • Airplane!
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Alien
  • Rocky 
  • Enter the Dragon
  • Star Wars IV: A New Hope
  • Godfather I and II
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Animal House
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  • Saturday Night Fever
  • Grease
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • The Shining
  • North by Northwest
  • The Graduate
  • French Connection
  • The Sting
  • Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
  • Cool Hand Luke
  • Casablanca
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • Roman Holiday
  • Poltergeist

I've seen most of these except for the following: Taxi Driver, Dog Day Afternoon, Close Encounters, Cool Hand Luke, and Roman Holiday.

The one movie I would add to that list is Life of Brian

No comments: