Saturday, February 25, 2023

Random Notes from a Crank

Over the past couple of weeks, I've made both mustard greens and collard greens in the Southern style. Although this opinion may be unpopular among people who care about food, I prefer mustard greens over collard. I like the spiciness of mustard greens. 

According to the short article by heathline about collard greens, they're rich in antioxidants and a solid vegetable to eat because they have incredibly high levels of Vitamin K along with C and A. 

The same goes for their rundown on mustard greens

So this cursory research got me to thinking, "What the hell is vitamin K anyway?"

Apparently vitamin K helps with strengthening bones, improving memory, and keeping the heart healthy. 

The new Netflix stand-up special by Jim Jefferies is quite good. I really like his point that the saying "Happy wife--happy life" is generally thought of a truism or a maxim that most people believe. 

I agree with his point that there is no saying that is approved about a "happy husband." No one gives a damn. Most people, as Jefferies intimates, would have a reaction more like this: "Happy husband - Wait, why is he happy?" 

I know how he feels. 

No comments: