Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Musing of the Moment: Bob Ross Therapy

I started watching Bob Ross - The Joy of Painting. I remember watching it from time to time on my local PBS station when I was a kid. 

I thought it was kind of silly back then with his white man's afro and the soft timbre of his voice. 

Now when I watch it, I would argue that watching episodes is a legit form of therapy. 

With all the talk about there being "no mistakes - just happy little accidents" and Bob pronouncing that "it's your world," and how you can put whatever you want into it, he's giving some damn good life coaching. 

Hell, he's gotta be more helpful than some of the therapists fleecing people with their widely varied backgrounds and perspectives on depression and how to treat it. 

Keep embracing your happy little accidents, people. 

No comments: