Friday, January 13, 2023

Music Friday: "Doctor My Eyes"

Today I started listening to Jackson Browne's greatest hits album and then got enraged by a couple of things at work. 

The song's lyrics below sort of relate. 



Doctor, my eyes have seen the yearsAnd the slow parade of fears without crying.Now I want to understand.
I have done all that I couldTo see the evil and the good without hiding.You must help me if you can.
Doctor, my eyesTell me what is wrong.Was I unwise to leave them open for so long?
'Cause I have wandered through this worldAnd as each moment has unfurledI've been waiting to awaken from these dreams.
People go just where they will.I never noticed them until I got this feelingThat it's later than it seems. 
Doctor, my eyesTell me what you see.I hear their criesJust say if it's too late for me.
Doctor, my eyesThey cannot see the sky.Is this the prizeFor having learned how not to cry?

No comments: