Friday, November 6, 2020

Random Notes from a Crank

 If you have a subscription to the New York Times, take time to read "This Is America" by Roxane Gay. 

Over a year ago, the Nasty family booked a vacation in Cancun for over the week of Thanksgiving. I feel a bit shameful about this, but we're still going. If we don't, we would just flush thousands of dollars down the toilet. And from what I gather, Cancun was one of the best places to take precautions for Covid-19 when the pandemic started. 

We've consulted all kinds of info about this trip, and from the sound of it, we're probably safer in Mexico than the United States, which is a sad commentary on how poorly America has dealt with the pandemic. 

Still though, I harbor a good bit of nervousness about the trip. 

Sometime this summer I need to take my family to Cahokia Mounds

Back when I was in graduate school, Mrs. Nasty and I visited the Moundville Archeological Park, which was really interesting. It's a smaller, more closely bunched set of mounds. 

Those Mississippians...

Which reminds me of this great song.

No comments: