Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Random Notes from a Crank

I cannot understand how anyone watching the first presidential debate can justify Moscow Don's behavior and justify their support for such a man. 

People will say it was a "shit show," but the reality is that it was a shit show because of Trump with his constant interruptions, lies, and bullshit. 

As Rainn Wilson posted on FB in obvious reference to the 45th president's performance, "My parents taught me that it was rude and disrespectful to interrupt people." 

Regardless, during a presidential debate, the sitting president gave a shout-out to a white nationalist group and advocated for voter suppression. Class act. 

I checked the Real Clear Politics website this morning to check on the Senate races, and much to my pleasant surprise, the South Carolina Senate race has moved to "toss up." I hope Jaime Harrison is running ads that point out Lindsey Graham's multiple levels of hypocrisy. 

I contributed to Theresa Greenfield's campaign. Durbin is likely to easily retain his Senate seat in Illinois, but I'd love to see an Democrat from Iowa in the Senate. 

As the New York Times reported about Moscow Don's tax returns, he's in deep debt. He has loans coming due that amount to 421 million dollars. And the reason he hasn't paid much in taxes over the years because he's a terrible businessman. A person in that much debt holding political office is a serious national security threat. 

As a result, he's Putin's lapdog. 

What a con artist. 

No comments: