Friday, September 25, 2020

Musing of the Moment: Mask Wearing and Flu Season

With the pandemic still raging on, people wearing masks is commonplace. In fact, I would argue that if you're not wearing a mask, you should be considered a moron. 

Which brings me to the anticipated flu season. I've read reports that health officials are worried about how the pandemic will get even worse with the flu season. 

However, during most flu seasons in the past, Americans were not wearing masks to protect themselves. This year they should be. 

So I wonder if the number of flu cases will be significantly smaller because of people wearing masks, washing their hands, avoiding large gatherings, and sanitizing the hell out of their hands. We'll see. 

I worry that this hypothesis is too simplistic, but I wonder. 

No comments: