Friday, September 6, 2019

Sunday Hangover Addendum: Duke

This week I finally got around to watching the full Alabama-Duke game. 

The main aspect of the game I focused on was the defense. 

I thought both of the middle linebackers played well for freshmen. Shane Lee is one large fellow. Christian Harris was second in total tackles, but I think I remember him getting burned on a pass route. 

It was great to have Diggs back playing well at cornerback. A Duke receiver made an outstanding catch against him when he had the receiver well covered, but other than that, he looked good. 

The secondary, however, had two really bad pass interference calls. That has to get cleaned up. 

The defense only had one sack, which was from Terrell Lewis, so I"m a bit concerned with the pass rush. 

I do like the three-man front of Davis, Dale, and Ray. True freshmen D.J. Dale could turn into a heck of player, and Davis has a lot to prove to NFL scouts during his senior year. 

No comments: