Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Random Notes from a Crank

The Premier League season got off to a start a couple of weeks ago. I've been watching Tottenham Hotspur and Wolves matches. 

St. Louis finally got awarded a MLS franchise, which is a big deal. After the Rams left, I thought that city would have gotten MLS franchise more quickly. 

Like this columnist for the Post-Dispatch, I'm wondering what the team will be called: "MLS Is Coming, but What Will the St. Louis Team Be Called?" 

I just hope they don't go with the copycat names like FC St. Louis and St. Louis United. 

Here's are monikers I'd consider, some of which come from the video:
  • St. Louis Rivermen
  • St. Louis Trailblazers
  • St. Louis Spirit

If they're smart, the GM will recruit well known Bosnian futbol players because St. Louis has such a large Bosnian immigrant population. 

No comments: