Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Random Notes from a Crank

Buying a hammock is one of those purchases you make that you think you're going to use it a lot but you never do. It seems like a good idea, but you rarely follow through on it. 

There's a good opinion piece in the Washington Post that is worth anyone's read: "The Fight Against White Supremacy Could Learn Something from America's First War on Terror."  I especially think the comparison of Moscow Don to Andrew Johnson is an appropriate one. 

The article connects to the book I just purchased: Stoney the Road: Reconstruction, White Supremacy, and the Rise of Jim Crow by Henry Louis Gates Jr. 

I'm exited that Netflix is going to do a live-action series reformulation of Cowboy Bebop. Variety has an article about the people cast in the show: "Cowboy Bebop..." The only actor I immediately recognize is Shakir because I saw him in Luke Cage and The Deuce.

No comments: