Monday, April 29, 2019

Music Friday: "Fell on Black Days"

I am way late with this. I guess I took a weekend hiatus from my regular blogging duties. 

This past week had its share of crappy moments, so I'm in a bit of funk. 

As an example, this past Tuesday I went into the doctor to have my elbow bursitis taken care of. When Mrs. Nasty learned that I was at the doctor, she didn't know why I was there. I told her this reason: "depression." 

I wasn't there for that. It's just my dark sense of humor because the nurse who checked me in had to ask about depression. I could think of plenty of issues to be plenty depressed about, however. 

As the doctor appointment progressed, they used a procedure to drain the fluid in my elbow. As the doctor was using the needle to drain it (it wasn't draining), he hit a nerve of some sort, and it made me pass out. 

Twice. 

I only remember waking up twice. 

After that inglorious moment, they did an EKG on me, and thankfully everything is fine. But I was nauseous as hell, and my wife had to drive me home. I upchucked on the ride home, and I slept the whole afternoon. 

It was a black day. 

No comments: