Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Random Notes from a Crank

I watch The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on a regular basis. I watch it so much that when I have the displeasure of hearing MoscowDon's voice, I tend to hear Colbert's funny impression of his voice when he imitates him. 

The Senate race in Alabama was a pleasant surprise. Doug Jones is the guy who put away the KKK members who bombed the church in Birmingham that killed four African American little girls. 

I find it good that Alabama, one of the reddest states on map, voted in a Democrat. When I went to school there from '98-'02, the Governor of the state was a Democrat. And I always thought that if African American voters were mobilized and they combined with the liberals in the state, young voters, and college-educated reasonable people, that more Progressives would get elected to office in the state. 

That happened, but it was way too close. 

Jones barely won by just over 10K votes. What does it say about conservatives that Roy Moore got that many votes? Even conservatives in the state recognize he's simply using religion to dupe people to vote for him. He was twice removed from the Alabama Supreme Court because of his bullshit. And of course, it seems clear he had/has a thing for young girls. What a creep. 

No comments: