Monday, December 11, 2017

Random Notes from a Crank

I've been a college professor for a good while now, and I will be happy to see this semester end. I want to plunge a wooden stake in the semester's soul-sucking heart. I had some good students who did very fine work. But I had a number of students who still think they're in high school, are unmotivated, and are unwilling to put in the work necessary, or a combo of all three. It's not like I'm doing anything significantly different in my classes. It was just bad luck of the scheduling draw. 

I've been watching the AMC series Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics. It's a worthwhile series for fans of comic books and graphic novels. The episode about Wonder Woman was really good, the one on the start of Marvel was interesting, and the recent episode about Image Comics was excellent. 


Next year AMC will feature another series in a similar vein: James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction. I hope there is an episode about Phillip K. Dick. I don't read a lot of science fiction, but I'm interested to learn more about it. 


With all the men getting canned or stepping aside from elected office, it's not surprising this is the first sentence of the article "Three Women Reassert Allegations of Sexual Harassment against President Trump": "The #MeToo sexual harassment movement roiling the nation reached the doors of the White House on Monday, when three women who last year accused President Trump of sexual misconduct began a renewed public push to gain attention for their allegations." 

The Mueller investigation is likely to continue to unearth more dirt on MoscowDon and his associates, but I like that he's getting hit on these charges again. 

No comments: