Thursday, May 28, 2015

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: Asian Kale Salad

Our mortgage guy sends us recipes from time to time. They come on postcards from his company. 

The most recent one is an Asian Kale Salad I just made. I have a ton of kale in my garden, so I figured I'd try it. 

Ingredients
1 bunch of kale, stems removed and discarded, leaves then chopped
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup of diced red onion or three green onion, sliced
1/4 cup of bell pepper, chopped
1 cup of shredded carrots
1/2 cup of sliced almonds

Dressing
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon of honey
Smidge of red chile flakes

Combine the ingredients and toss. Whisk the dressing together and pour over the kale mixture. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes but toss often so it slightly wilts. 

No comments: