Friday, September 6, 2013

Music Friday: "Rollin 'n Tumblin" with Interview

I don't know if I've ever featured the North Mississippi Allstars on a Music Friday post before. That's a shame because they make some mighty fine music. 

The band's new album came out this week, and I don't think I've liked an album of theirs this much initially since Hill Country Revue came out. I'm not saying that Electric Blue Watermelon, Hernando, and Keys to the Kingdom are poor albums, but World Boogie Is Coming places itself into my personal album category of "I just listened to this album and really like it, but I think it's going to get better and better with subsequent listens." I guess we could call that the fine wine category or something. 

Anyway, the new album does recycle/revise some tunes from past albums, but there are new songs on this one. Check it out if you like to boogie via the hill country blues. 





As Luther Dickinson says in the interview, "We wanted this record to be a cultural statement, not a collection of songs." 

No comments: