Friday, June 14, 2013

Music Friday: "Goddamn Lonely Love," "Flying Over Water," & "Elephant"

We get home from Florida later today, and once I pick up the mail on Saturday, I'll have my hands on Jason Isbell's new album, Southeastern. For my favorite artists, I still buy their CDs. I'm old fashioned I guess.

Southeastern has been getting scads of great reviews, with even a feature about Isbell in the New York Times --  "Jason Isbell, Unloaded", so I'm looking forward to listening to the album. He's a gifted songwriter. 

Some say that this is his best album yet, that it dwarfs his previous solo albums. We'll see about that contention, but I'm glad, as the article above notes, that his life is in a better state and he'll be able to clearly appreciate the success he deserves.  

This Friday I'm featuring a DBT song and two songs from the new album. As another Southern storyteller, Faulkner, said, "The past is never dead. It's not even past." 

Here's to the past and the present. 








No comments: