Monday, March 29, 2010

Garden/Game On


What you see in these pics are the first sproutings of seeds I planted in my garden.

The picture above is a close up of one of the two rows of spinach I planted. It sure in heck doesn't look like spinach to me, but I have no idea because I've never grown it before.

The pic below comes from row of Concept lettuce (a Summer Crisp variety). It's good stuff. After eating varieties of Greenleaf, Butterhead, Romaine, and Summer Crisp since I've had my garden here in Chucktown, I've become a lettuce snoot. I sneer in the general direction of that crud called Iceberg.

I plan to plant two more rows of lettuce this week.

2 comments:

Babe Runner said...

Spinach leaves start out looking long and narrow like that, and obviously at some point they fill out. Yum -- I'm ready for my charity bags of greens.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Yep, they've started to fatten up recently. I don't know if I'll do kale this summer, Babe, but I have a couple of rows of spinach and four rows of lettuce popping out right now (two rows planted three week ago, the other two a week ago).