Friday, September 29, 2023

Music Friday: "Lay It Down Clown" & "Left of the Dial"

The Let It Bleed reissue edition of Tim by the Replacements came out last week, and I purchased a copy because the band is one of my favorites. 

In fact, my first real concert was seeing the Replacements play at a theatre in Cedar Rapids, Iowa when I was in high school. If I remember right, it was the band's tour after Pleased to Meet Me came out. 

Tim competes with Pleased to Meet Me as my favorite album by the band. 

And the Let It Bleed edition that came out last week clears up the weird production quality of the original album. It's much cleaner and sounds a lot better. 

The reissue also provides a recording of a live gig the band did in Chicago in January of 1986. 

I'm prattling on. 

Here are two great songs from Tim



No comments: