Sunday, September 24, 2023

Sunday Hangover: Ole Miss

I haven't had a chance to watch the whole game yet since I got back from Nashville this afternoon. However, I did get to watch the majority of the game at a bar there. If I remember right, I think I got started watching the game when Ole Miss was up 7 to 3. 

So I got to watch the ineptitude on offense in the first half from Alabama, and then the offense played much better in the second half. 

What's a major positive is that the Tide held Ole Miss, who is usually a high-scoring offense, to only 10 points. 

The Rebels hit some long pass plays, notably one on 4th and forever that made me blow a mental gasket, but overall Alabama had a good pass rush with five total sacks and nine quarterback hurries. 

A major concern is about how hurt Lawson might be, but I haven't heard anything about that injury yet. 

In contrast to last game, McClellan was the main contributor at running back with 17 carries for 105 net yards and a touchdown. 

Another star on offense was true freshman Jalen Hale. When he caught his first pass in the game, I was confused about who he was. 

During the game I bitched about the offense not throwing to the TEs enough. The TEs caught four passes out of a total of seventeen, but I'd like to see them pass to them more often because of the obvious mismatches they create. 

The game saw Alabama get more of its murderball personality back. I'd like to see more of that come out when the Tide travel to Starkville on Saturday. 

No comments: