Monday, September 25, 2023

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Cutlets


I've made these before using a cast iron skillet and then finished them in the oven. Now that I have a Blackstone griddle, I did them on it. 

Ingredients 
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Marinara sauce
Small slices of pepperoni
Grated mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper mixture

Process
I have a four burner griddle, so I got it going with two burners set on medium-high and the other two burners on low. 

I cut both large chicken breasts in half and pounded them out with meat mallet/tenderizer, so they are of uniform thickness. I pounded them pretty thin. Use a mixture of salt of pepper on both sides. I used a combo I created that is a mixture of salt, pepper, Penzey's roasted garlic powder, and Penzey's smoked paprika. 

With the one side of the griddle scorching hot (475-500 degrees), place the chicken cutlets and press down if you want. I used a solid brick wrapped in aluminum foil on each cutlet for about 20 seconds to get a good sear.

Once you've seared both sides, cut off the burners to the smoking hot side and move the cutlets to the low heat side of the griddle. Put pepperoni on top of the cutlets first, top with marinara, and finish with cheese. 

Cook for a little while to melt the cheese, and they should be ready to go. 

No comments: