Thursday, May 18, 2023

Stay Positive: Birds & Positive Thoughts and Feelings

In The Washington Post, Richard Sima has an interesting article titled "Why Birds and Their Songs Are Good for Our Mental Health." 

The findings about birds creating positive vibes for humans is not a surprise to me. 

I'm fascinated with birds and their behavior, and how hearing and seeing birds is positive for humans makes sense considering the findings that Florence Williams talks about in The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative

I featured that book in a Stay Positive post back in 2017 if you want to check out my prattling on about her book. 

I'm a person who has a depressive bent from since a young age, and being outside and paying attention to birds is something that makes me feel happy. 

The author mentions the Merlin Bird ID app, which I have had before but I never used. So I may download that gadget again. 

I would also argue that playing attention to plants when one is out and about also create good vibes. I currently use the PlantNet app to identify plants when I'm rambling around outside. 

Notice that I didn't use the term "mental health" in my own writing. I didn't use the term because I'm tired of people using "mental health" as an excuse for not wanting to do something or just being lazy. 

Just stay positive by seeking out positive vibes, folks. 

No comments: