Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Tacos

I made these tacos last week, and I thought they turned out well. I'm a fan of chicken thighs because they have good flavor, and they're ideal for a frugal shopper like me. 

Ingredients

2 to 2 1/2 lbs. of boneless chicken thighs, trimmed

4-5 chipotle peppers (canned) in adobo sauce, chopped

1/4 cup of water

Penzey's Adobo seasoning

Roasted garlic seasoning

Ground cumin

Penzey's Salsa & Pico seasoning


Process

Trim and chop up the thighs into large chunks the night before you want to put them in the slow cooker. Chop up the canned chipotle peppers. I use the canned chipotles from Aldi. Mix them together and keep in the fridge overnight.

In the morning place the thighs into the slow cooker and add water and seasoning. Cook on low for 8 hours and shred when ready to serve with tacos and whatever you like to have on your tacos. 

No comments: