Monday, May 17, 2021

Random Notes from a Crank

 I don't like the trend of workers in certain establishments calling their customers "boss." I take it as some kind of passive-aggressive linguistic move to make fun of the customer. I'd rather be called "Sir." 

The word "boss" just seems like a move to condescending to the person buying goods or services. I've worked in a number of retail establishments over my life, and I would never call someone "boss."  

Tottenham Hotspur is unlikely to qualify for European events unless they get some help from other clubs over the next two weeks of match days. They could qualify for Europa League if they get their shit together. 

I'm worried about Kane leaving the Spurs. However, they've been playing more loose and free since Jose got sacked and Mason took over. 

I like the starting lineups he's been throwing out there lately. Today he had Tanganga at right back, which I like. And Dele played alongside Bale, Son, and Kane. That is a formidable front four that can do some impressive work on offense. 

The defense needs to get better. That's been a common refrain all season.

No comments: