Friday, October 23, 2020

Music Friday: "Burning Down the House"

 Talking Heads is a band that I always enjoyed, but I never bought any of their albums (CDs) when they were together as a band. They had this quirky nature that was inspiring. 

I bought their greatest hits album maybe a year ago, but now I'm contemplating how much I had missed by not going full album on them. If I remember right, over the space of 11 years they produced 8 albums. That's some mighty productivity. 

Last night instead of watching the final presidential debate, I watched David Byrne's American Utopia, which is a quite stunning film produced by Spike Lee. The film and performance is quite stunning. There are parts of it that are downright inspiring. 

Here's a live performance of the show doing this famous song. 

No comments: