Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Stay Positive: Rebooted Premier League Season

The pandemic has been horrible in myriad ways. That's for sure. 

However, I am enjoying the rebooted Premier League season because football is on TV almost every day instead of mainly just Saturdays and Sundays. 

As weird as this may sound, I find watching football/soccer comforting. For fans, it's usually a roller coaster of emotions, which I get because I have certain teams I root heartily for. 

This afternoon I took in the Brighton-Manchester United match that did not have a good outcome from my point of view since MU is similar to the Yankees in the Premier League and I root for teams below them in the table. 

I want the Spurs to qualify for the Champions League, but they have a difficult schedule and a few teams ahead of them. But they have Kane, Son, Sissoko back, so they have a fighting chance. Also, Bergwijn has been an inspiration in recent games.

The other team I like a lot, the Wolves, is doing well and might have a stronger shot for qualifying if one looks at it objectively by points at this juncture. 

We'll see. 

I'm also rooting for Leeds United to come back into the Premier League because I like that area of Britain, and I got seduced by the Amazon series Take Us Home: Leeds United

No comments: