Saturday, March 9, 2019

Music Friday: "Fourth of July"

I am late to posting my regular Music Friday post because the Nasty family had to drive to Springfield because my daughter was dancing her solo at a dance competition on the UIS campus. 

On our way back in the middle of the night, the Sirius XM Lithium channel had an "artist confidential" feature that had Chris Cornell singing a number of songs acoustically. It was part of a tour I guess he did years ago. 

One of the questions he was asked was about how certain songs just didn't work right with an acoustic arrangement. The song he directly mentioned was "Fourth of July," one of my favorite Soundgarden tunes and a fitting song this week since Superunknown was released 25 years ago. 

Cornell also mentioned that this song is one of the best lyrics he ever wrote. 

So I happily present to you "Fourth of July."

No comments: