Sunday, April 15, 2018

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: Edamame-Garbanzo Salad

I had a bag of frozen edamame in the freezer, so I did some research into versions of edamame salads. 

I surveyed what the Interwebs had to offer, and I made my own. Here it is. 

Ingredients
1 bag of frozen edamame, steamed in the bag according to directions
1 can of garbanzo beans, drained
2 small plum tomatoes, diced
1 bell pepper, chopped finely (I used a yellow one)
2 tablespoons of finely chopped yellow onion
Chopped parsley to desired proportions
Chopped cilantro to desired proportions

3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
Juice of one small lime
Salt and pepper to taste

Process
Steam the edamame, drain the garbanzos, chop the other stuff. Throw it all in a bowl. Whisk the dressing together and mix thoroughly. 

No comments: