On Sunday I took my daughter to the last day of the county fair. She found a few of her friends, so I just sat on a bench and people watched. County fairs are prime targets for people watching. Here a few of my observations:
- I don't get some articles of clothing that people wear.
- People who wear hi-tops for regular walking-around shoes probably aren't that good at basketball.
- Corn dogs and fruit shake-ups are hard to resist.
- Either there many Cubs fans in my area of Illinois (there are more Cardinals fans), or a number of people have jumped on the Cubs bandwagon.
- I'm not about fat-shaming people, but Americans need to get in better shape, myself included.
Check out Greg Fuchs' poem, "Make America Again," from Brooklyn Rail.