Friday, August 11, 2017

Random Notes from a Crank

Last weekend, as usual, we spent a small fortune on school supplies for my kids. 

On Sunday I took my daughter to the last day of the county fair. She found a few of her friends, so I just sat on a bench and people watched. County fairs are prime targets for people watching. Here a few of my observations:

  • I don't get some articles of clothing that people wear. 
  • People who wear hi-tops for regular walking-around shoes probably aren't that good at basketball. 
  • Corn dogs and fruit shake-ups are hard to resist.
  • Either there many Cubs fans in my area of Illinois (there are more Cardinals fans), or a number of people have jumped on the Cubs bandwagon.
  • I'm not about fat-shaming people, but Americans need to get in better shape, myself included. 

Check out Greg Fuchs' poem, "Make America Again," from Brooklyn Rail

No comments: