Monday, December 7, 2015

Sunday Hangover: Florida--SEC Championship

Besides the return for a touchdown and the long pass play late in the fourth quarter, Alabama dominated this game. 

Two stats show that clearly:
  • First downs: Florida, 7; Alabama, 25
  • Time of Possession: Florida, 16:31; Alabama, 43:29
I've watched some games when time of possession was clearly in Alabama's favor, but this SEC Championship was an extreme case. 

It was good to see Kenyan Drake back in action, so I'm hopeful he'll be fully ready to go against Michigan State in the playoffs. 

The past couple of games I've gotten frustrated with the offensive playing because I'm tired of bubble screens and the prevalence of short passes, I'd like to see Henry run outside the tackles more often, O.J. Howard needs to be targeted more often, and I wanted to see more downfield passing to open up the running game even more. 

Complaints, complaints, complaints...


The good news is that Alabama won its 25th SEC Championship. Roll Tide Roll. 

No comments: