Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Random Notes from a Crank

Lately I've been thinking of some statements people say all the time that don't have any real counters, any opposites that make sense. For example, here are some statements people would likely never say:
  • I love needles. [counter of the often said, "I hate needles."]
  • It's the heat, not the humidity.
  • I enjoy standing in line. [which reminds me of a humorous story about a guy whose hobby is "queuing"]
  • I wish this meeting could go longer. 
  • You need to think inside the box [I might actually use this one because I despise the cliche, "thinking outside the box."]
  • We need to be retroactive.
  • It is what it isn't. 
  • Take the low road.
  • I don't teach or believe in critical thinking.
  • Let's go find my future ex-wife. [I think I've actually said that, however.]

The Nasty household has gotten back to making popcorn the old fashioned way. I use a cast-iron Dutch oven, use three tablespoons of veggie oil, and a half cup of popcorn kernels. Good stuff, people. 

After the watching the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame induction/performance, I promptly got myself a couple of new CDs: The Essential Bill Withers and Green Day's American Idiot

The TV channels I frequent often have pecker-pill commercials on them, and I mute them with the kids in the room. Who wants their kids to hear about "erections" and "erectile dysfunction"? Regardless, I'm worried that after seeing so many commercials about erectile dysfunction that I'll suddenly catch it like the commercials with sultry 40some women could spread ED like a communicable disease. 

No comments: