Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Random Notes from a Crank

A) As I write this portion of the post, I'm sitting here at gate B14 as I wait for my plane to arrive to take me to Charlotte and then Greenville, SC for a conference. 

I suspect the flight will be delayed some because of the weather in NC. 

I haven't been in a book store in a while, so went into an airport bookstore and discovered Neil Gaiman has a book of short fiction out and David O. Stewart has a new book published called Madison's Gift: Five Partnerships That Built America. I really enjoyed Stewart's American Emperor: Aaron's Burr's Challenge to Jefferson's America. I suspect I'll be picking up those books soon but probably after I at least finish Wendell Berry's Our Only World.

B) It's been over a decade since I've been in the Charlotte airport back when I was routed through there for various job interviews in '02. I had forgotten how big the airport is. And hot. They have the heat turned up way too high. And it's full of slow walkers. As usual, the airport's white rocking chairs were fully used in the atriums. 


C) I'm here in Greenville, and it's snowing like hell. 

No comments: