Monday, June 9, 2014

Stay Positive: Moist Towelette

Today I got a brisket sandwich, a side of potato salad, and a side of slaw for lunch from a local barbecue joint here in town.

That purchase revived my affection for the item called a "moist towelette." I like the concept, the product, and the whole term. 

It's the verbal gauntlet of "oist," the subsequent use of "owel," and the clipped "ette" that bring a smile to my face. When I say the term, it makes me feel like I'm saying something dirty. There's a lot of emphasis on "oi" and a soft "ow."

The words just sorta roll off the tongue in a fun way. Say it out loud a few times, and you should understand what I mean. Put the emphasis on "moist" when you say it. If you want to go even further, say moist in a sexy manner. If you didn't know exactly what it was, you might guess you would find the item advertised in an Adam & Eve catalog or something. For example, "Honey, you want to use the moist towelette tonight?" or "Would you be interested in a moist towelette?" 

Above all that fun, it's a highly functional product that more restaurants need to offer. 

Kudos to the moist towelette. 

No comments: