Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Thoughts

A decade ago, an ice storm hit the Southeast when we lived in Tuscaloosa, and the Super Bowl in Atlanta had some wicked weather for the Rams and Titans, who got to play in the Georgia Dome.

This year two dome teams face off outside.

Where we live you see lots of fans of the Colts and the Bears. Although I followed the Vikings when I was a kid growing up in Iowa, my interest in pro football waned as I grew older, and then an obsession with college football was cultivated since I went to the University of Alabama.

But when we lived in St. Louis, I rooted for the Rams. Heck, I lived in the city, and my support of the Rams might have slightly offseted my support for the Cubs. That was during the Martz era though when all hell broke loose, and because of poor free agent signings, contract extensions, and horrible drafts, the Rams have imploded as a franchise.

I'd like to see the Saints win today. They've never won the Super Bowl, and New Orleans is a great city, one of a kind.

Go Saints!

No comments: