Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Traveling Thoughts

As is usual on every Monday (gymnastics) and Thursday (dance), we trek over to Mattoon for Hannah to do her thing.

On the way over yesterday, Hannah informed me the Pocahontas is still alive today, that there are no more Native Americans but there are Indians, and that people came over and "took the Indians' world" a long, long time ago, "like when great grandpa was alive."

So I proceeded to play History Professor during the commute, but she was on to something about those "people" who came over and took over this world. They say "we" discovered America, but Europeans really just invaded it.

3 comments:

travolta said...

Bret Maverick said it best: "I try and shoot one a day, if possible, before noon. How 'bout you, Coop? I figure it's their fault for being on our land before we got here."

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Ah, Hollywood.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Well, at least the curriculum seems to be getting a bit closer to the reality. When I was little I asked my grandma if she came to Iowa in a covered wagon :)