Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sriracha


I was in a store over in Mattoon a week or so ago, and I happened upon this bodacious hot sauce that I first got introduced to at Kalo's Tavern in Oxford, Mississippi. Kalo's is one of few places where I've ever had fried artichokes. Great stuff.

But the hot sauce is Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, "made from sun ripened chiles" and distributed by Huy Fong Foods out of California.

Instead of being a liquid like most hot sauces out there, this stuff is more of a cross between a paste and a liquid. It'll clear your sinuses pretty quickly. "A little dab will do you." 

3 comments:

Aaron said...

I have various food addictions and Sriracha in one of them. I love it on a frittata or omelette.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

It also works well combining with ketchup on the middle class staple of tater tot casserole.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff